WHAT IS SILICONE AND WHY DO SO MANY SHAMPOOS CONTAIN IT?
Silicones come from silicon, an element found in sand, rocks and quartz. It's actually the second most common element in the Earth's crust! Crazy, right?
- Don't worry, you aren't washing your hair with sand and rock.
- Silicon goes through an elaborate process to make it into an oil-like substance that gives your hair the smooth and conditioning fix.
- Silicone is an umbrella term for lots of ingredients which deal with all round hair treatment or fixes for specific issues.
But are silicones bad? In short, no. There are no negative side effects of silicone based shampoo, but it might not be right for you.
And modern research has given us great new products and choice, including non-silicone-based shampoo.
There are no negative side effects of silicone based shampoo, but whether it’s right for you depends on your hair type…
WHO ARE SILICONE-FREE SHAMPOOS FOR?
People with fragile hair! 79% of women say shampoo is the top priority in their hair care routine. But it’s not easy to choose the right shampoo if you have delicate hair.
Signs you have fragile hair and need a shampoo without silicone:
- Your hair is weak and dry.
- Conditioners leave your hair looking heavy or flyaway.
- Your hair ends are dry and crunchy to touch.
Pantene silicone-free shampoo like the Pantene Micellar Collection is recommended for fragile hair has lost nutrients and is looking and feeling dry.
WHAT SHOULD YOU USE WITH SILICONE-FREE SHAMPOOS?
Naturally, the benefits of a silicone-free shampoo are increased by a silicone-free conditioner. Care for your delicate hair with a shampoo that's gentle with a lightweight conditioner. Luckily, Pantene's got what you need so shop for Pantene silicone-free shampoos and conditioners!
Pantene Micellar Collection of shampoos and conditioners gently wash and condition your hair without using silicones, dyes or parabens.
Perfect to change your hair from fragile to beautiful.