Are you embarrassed of seeing white flakes on your shoulders? And also deal with dry hair due to regular styling and wear and tear?
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES OF DANDRUFF?
Dandruff is a very common issue. White flakes are the main symptom of dandruff but sometimes you also get an itchy, irritated scalp (the skin on your head).
Here are some symptoms/causes of dandruff to look for:
- An allergic reaction to food or hair products could be responsible for your dandruff.
- Skin conditions like eczema and seborrheic dermatitis also cause flakiness and sensitive scalp.
- Not washing your hair enough can cause a problem: a build-up of hair styling products, pollution and your scalp’s natural oils. If you don’t wash your hair regularly, this mixture can cause the formation of dandruff flakes.
- A yeast-like fungus called malassezia loves oily hair. We all naturally have malassezia on our heads but if your hair is greasy, the problems start. When your scalp gets irritated, you’ll start seeing white flakes.
WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR DANDRUFF?
Here are our best tips on how to remove dandruff:
Find out what you’re allergic to.
- Ask a medical professional for help. They can tell you if your dandruff is an allergic reaction to food or a hair product or if it is a skin condition like eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis.
Relax - don’t let stress give you dandruff
- Mental and emotional stress can cause skin irritation and cause dandruff. A quick and easy way to reduce your stress levels - do more of what you love! Spend time with friends, family or pets, or just enjoy some quality me-time.
- Please don’t scratch that dry, sensitive scalp. Take a few calm, deep breaths instead.
Check your diet - a natural remedy for dandruff.
- Remember that fungus, malassezia and how it loves greasy hair? Well, too much sugar, bad fats, dairy products or spicy food can leave you with an oily scalp (malassezia’s favorite thing). Try to enjoy a balanced diet to prevent dandruff – it's also great for your general health. You’ll look and feel fantastic!
- Make sure you eat lots of green veg, enough protein, and whole grains, especially ones with vitamin B. They're natural dandruff remedies.
Wash your hair regularly with dandruff shampoo
- Make sure you wash out all the grease, pollution and hair product residue regularly.
- Use an anti-dandruff shampoo that’s gentle on your scalp.
- Always rinse well.
WHAT’S THE BEST DANDRUFF SHAMPOO FOR ME?
For shampoo that not only gets rid of dandruff but also helps stop hair breakage and hair fall, you need Pantene Pro-V Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Use it regularly to fight those tell-tale white dandruff flakes with its special ingredient: Zinc Pyrithione. Its nourishing Pro-V formula repairs damaged hair too. Your hair will be stronger, shinier and dandruff-free! Wonderful!
Knowledge is power and now you know everything you need to fight that dandruff! No white flakes, amazing hair: a perfect look!